Over 30 years of advising and investing in asset & wealth managers
Research & Consulting
- Founded Investment Counseling, a pioneering management consulting and research company to the asset management industry.
- Completed over 400 assignmenta on business analysis, compensation design, distribution strategy, ownership transition, valuation, and related topics.
- In 1990, developed and launched Competative Challenges, the original best practices analysis for the business of asset management.
- Founded Rosemont Investment Partners and raised three private equity funds.
- Made 30 minority investments, all in asset and wealth management boutiques.
- The final fund is still active with 7 investment and is expected to run through 2025.
- Formed Rosemont Investment Group in partnership with Market Ventures to serve as the permanent capital vehicle for all subsequent investments.
- Led by Chas Burkhart & Brad Mook and governed by a Board of Directors, which included two representative from Market Ventures.
- In 2019, acquired a permanent minority equity interest in 1607 Capital Partners, a $4.2 billion manager investing in closed-end funds.